SPSL Water Polo Referee Association
About the SPSL-WPRA
The SPSL Water Polo Referee’s Association (SPSL-WPRA) supports its membership by providing information and training for Washington State Water Polo Officials at all levels of experience. The Association assigns referees to officiate at NFHS (high school) and United States Water Polo (USAWP) tournaments, league games and Club Championships, high school division games and the State Championship tournament. Neither SPSL-WPRA nor any of its officers employ officials in any capacity. Referees are independent contractors and accept assignments based on their availability. In some circumstances, other individuals or groups may serve to assign.
2018 Girls High School divisions and teams
2017 Girls HS Water Polo Championship results
2016 Girls HS Water Polo Championship results
2015 Girls HS Water Polo Championship results
Official's Code of Conduct
The SPSL-Water Polo Referee Association (SPSL-WPRA) Official's Code of Conduct is largely based on the tenets of the National Association of Sports Officials, with appropriate modifications when necessary to conform to the sport of water polo and the requirements of the SPSL Water Polo League.
1. Officials shall be free from any obligation other than the fair and impartial judging of the water polo contest. Anything which may lead to a conflict of interest, either real or apparent, must be avoided. Gifts, favors, special treatment, privileges, employment or a personal relationship with a school or team which can compromise the perceived impartiality of officiating must be avoided.
2. Officials shall master both the rules of the game and mechanics necessary to enforce the rules, and shall exercise authority in an impartial, firm, and controlled manner. Referees may clarify calls, not lecture individuals regarding behavior.
3. Officials shall be professional in their demeanor. The use of profanity and the consumption of alcoholic beverages or use of tobacco products is prohibited at all SPSL Water Polo League events.
4. Officials shall work with each other and the SPSL Water Polo League in a constructive and cooperative manner. Public criticism of the SPSL Water Polo League, other officials, member institutions, or individuals involved with a member institution, is strictly prohibited.
5. The SPSL-WPRA Mission is to enhance and enrich the student-athlete experience. Officials should endeavor to meet this mission, without prejudice towards the ability or gender of the student-athletes involved.
6. Officials shall never participate in any form of illegal gambling, or gambling on any sporting event in which they have either a direct or indirect involvement.
This is only a partial login that only includes basic permissions and only permits access to some pages.
Fully login for complete access to your permissions and all pages and functions of Reftown